Monday, October 25, 2010

Post from Abroad!


Today we have a special guest post from our very own Michelle Kowalsky who is the International Recruiter for Western New England College. Let's see what she had to say about her experience abroad...

Hello from Tokyo, Japan! My name is Michelle Kowalsky and I am the international recruiter for the WNEC. In the past seven weeks, I have been on a total of 23 flights, attended approximately 15 fairs, and visited a large number of secondary schools as well as colleges. My travels have taken me to Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Jakarta, Singapore, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Taipei, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, and Tokyo. In all of these cities, I have spoken with a number of great students who are interested in all that Western New England College has to offer. Unfortunately, there has not been a lot of time to explore these wonderful places, but I have had some amazing food and seen some amazing sights such as the Krishna Temple in India, Boat Quay and Clarke Quay in Singapore, Hoan Kiem Lake in Hanoi, Tiananmen Square in Beijing, and Deoksugung Palace in Seoul.

As part of our ten year strategic plan at Western New England, we are looking to internationalize the campus both by increasing our international population on campus as well as increasing the opportunities for our students to study abroad. This is the second year that I have traveled abroad to recruit students and I look forward to many more trips in the future! To learn more about our admission requirements for international students visit our the International page at www.wnec.edu/internationalstudents. You can also learn more about our study abroad programs by visiting www.wnec.edu/studyabroad.
I hope you enjoy some of the pictures I have taken along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment