Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hello from Brazil!

Like last year, our International Recruiter Michelle Kowalsky is traveling around the world to find new students to attend Western New England University. Let's see where Michelle is checking in from this year!

On August 26th we welcomed the class of 2015 which consisted of students from France, Ivory Coast, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, and Nigeria.Classes are now in full swing and the Admissions Office has begun traveling to recruit the class of 2012.  

My first international recruitment trip has brought me to Sao Paulo and Rio de Janiero, Brazil with the EducationUSA offices in each city.  During the trip I met over 150 students and attended two high school fairs and two college fairs all in four days.  Although I was very busy, I did have a little bit of time to sightsee! It is the end of the winter in Brazil (which is not the same as the end of winter in New England) but Copacobana and Ipanema Beach still seemed to be popular destinations (see pictures below). According to the locals and every tour book that I looked at, the main attraction in Rio de Janiero is Cordova Mountain and the Christ the Redeemer Statue. Both were incredible sights to see!!

Brazil was only the first of many countries that I will be visiting this fall. My passport will be stamped in South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, India, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates in the next few weeks. The University continues to be very interested in having international students come here to study as well as providing opportunities for our current students to study abroad.  To follow my international trip, click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment