Tuesday, November 23, 2010

End of the Travel Season

The time has finally come for Counselors to trade in their rental cars, unpack all of their college materials, and start sleeping in their own beds. Yes, the travel season is over, and for me, the first of my own travel seasons is finished. My final stats from the 2010 travel season:

6,100 miles put on the rental car
185 total high school visits/college fair/mini fairs attended
6 different states visited
9 weeks of travel
15 different hotels that accounted for 25 nights away from home
and probably about 50 trips to Dunkin Donuts

This was my travel season in a nutshell. I had a blast visiting different high schools and meeting a number of students that have a profound interest in Western New England College. It is nice to be back in Springfield (although short-lived with the upcoming holiday) and begin our next cycle of work...reading applications! I look forward to seeing many of the students whom I spoke with come across my desk via an application. Over the course of the application season, I will be sending along tips on how to stand out with an application and some of the do's and don't in the admissions world. Until then, enjoy your Thanksgiving, eat a lot of turkey, and watch a ton of football!

No comments:

Post a Comment